Sunday, June 21, 2009

Vacation Revisited


































I recently returned from an Alaskan vacation without my boys. My friend, Summer Colgin, invited me to go with her and her family as a last minute pay back for helping her with her business.

It was a much needed, relaxing and rejuvenating trip that allowed me time to express my creativity, lust over the wonders of nature, breath deeply, relax, have some alone time and rediscover my creative side.

I really missed my noodle boodle, however, with the wonders of technology, I was able to use SKYPE to see him each night before he went to bed. I was also able to talk to Joel over this free video conference call technology. It was a little blurry, but being able to see and hear my baby was worth the madness.

In the next few weeks (or months), I am going to create a little scrapbook so that Jacob can see and experience all the wonderful things I got a chance to see. I hope that he will treasure it, in case he never makes it to Alaska.

Here are some highlights:

Icy Strait Point Zip Rider

Hubbard Glacier


I was very excited to have the opportunity to sing for the entire ship on one of their 'Starring You' nights. I will have the video soon. Here is a photo of me on stage that night and winning a trophy. I sang "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Rait.

I will post my slide show for Jacob to view later.

No comments:

Post a Comment